Masters Running

Friday Dec. 28 Masters and Beyond Runs (Read 781 times)

King of PhotoShop

Dear Butterfly princess, I was planning on an 18wk/55 mile Pfitz-ish plan, minus much of the speed work (It will end up being whatever I can handle, so probably won't look like any "plan" in the end). I looked at HH plans (you said you followed these) and a few things bothered me about them. The 20 milers are all 2 weeks apart, and preceeded by MP runs of 10 miles for the most part. I don't like the idea of doing a 20 miler already tired. The other runs in the schedule, well, some are just really short, like 3 or 4 miles. I think I'd be better prepared doing fewer but longer runs with cross-training 2x week. Oh, the one silly thing about Pfitz's plan is the short intervals later on in the schedule. I think he even talks about how pointless it is to do half mile intervals when training for a full marathon, but then includes them in the schedule. Ok, if you are a sub-3 guy I guess. I don't think I'm pushing that hard, but will take your advice and slow down a little. Any veterans want to chime in? I am doing about 30mpw, I had many 40mpw weeks last fall (8 of them). Two years on my feet. Can I build to a 55mpw week (in 8 weeks) when the most I have ever done is 44?
    I have some concerns about this enke. I liked "minus much of the speed work." You want to go from barely 40s to 55 in 8 weeks. Yes, you should use care. Feel free to chat with me if you like at any time "spareribs823 at gmail dot com" If you do, copy and include this post. Good luck. Spareribs

Head Procrastinator

Dear Mrs Ribs: Better you than me. (Rest day today)
      Snork Congrats Saint and Old Crankyness!!
      ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats
      dg.

Snork Congrats Saint and Old Crankyness!!
        that's what I was going to say. ;-) hi Hally Barb!
        wildchild

Carolyn

Round and round and round on the indoor track again - it's getting boring! But better than the dreadmill. 5 miles in 51 minutes. Just too darn cold outside - single digits all day. Congrats to Mr and Mrs Ribs, and to Tall. Old relationships and new relationships are both special in their own way, although new ones are more exciting! Mcsolar, you're an animal! Hope you and the other high-mileage folks stay injury-free! Good runs all.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Congrats Ribs and Mrs Ribs!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Congratulations to The Saint and MrTheSaint! Here's to 22 years of wedded bliss and 22 more!
              LaVita
                Hey Tim, you and I are neck-and-neck - I have 2186 for 2007 right now. I wish I could compare that to 2006, but the graph feature will apparently only graph the current year. I may have to go back to the CR log to find out how many miles I had in 2006.
                It's not obvious, but in the text on the graph page of your log, click on "Advanced Graph" and then enter 01/01/2006 and 12/31/2006 for the custom dates. The default x axis is days. If you switch to weeks or months, you effectively get eric's canned graphs for the current year. ETA: reading backwards, I have to come back add congrats to Mr and Mrs. Ribs! Mark
                evanflein

Succeeded in not running today... spent several hours cleaning my boys' room. Goodness, what a mess. We took a full box of games/puzzles and books to the local womens' shelter, and three full bags of "carp" to the trash dumpsters. Their room looks much better, and allows me to put boxes of other stuff under their beds (Gift wrap and ornament boxes. mainly). It really is amazing what you can accumulate that you don't really need/want/ever use. I'll run tomorrow... looking forward to it.
                  SteveP

We got a fair amount of snow and the snow blower is on the injured reserve list. We may have to send it back to the minor leagues for rehab and reconditioning. Does snowshoveling count as cross training?????

SteveP