Masters Running

Monday March Madness Runs and Basketball (Read 665 times)

OrangeMat

MM #6177

From the "I <3 to Run" page on FB, for Tim and anyone else who might need the gentle reminder (and a hug): "When times are tough, start running, and your body will remind you that your heart isn't so broken."

Stick around with your running friends. It really does help.

I got some more information about my biopsy this afternoon. Both spots that were biopsied need to be surgically removed, even though only one was technically termed as cancerous. The other one is also abnormal growth, precancerous, I guess it was called. I'm now officially considered high-risk. Wasn't enough that my mom had BC when I was 14, when she was 36 or 37.... and of course all I'm thinking about now is will this impending surgery cause me to have to forfeit the relay in May?? oh yeah, I'm a runner alright... Smile

Welcome Mike E.

{{{Japan}}}

..yep,

Definitely a Runner OM...........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Tet - I hope you hear some good news soon.

OM - It sounds like you are really on top of this situation, which is good, and I am sure running will not be forfeited.

Mike E - Welcome, 8 kids eh?  your poor wife.

{{{Timbo}}}  If you are not going to run anymore, can I have your speed?  Ok, I guess that wasn't funny, but I do hope things get better for you.

Mariposai, congratulations to your sons!  How is it they are taller than both you and DH?

It was pouring buckets again today...sigh!  We are all getting sick of it....even checked out some airfares today, but by the time we go anywhere it will probably turn nice here.

I was determined NOT to run today, just cause I was pissed at the weather, and then the dark clouds parted and the sun came out.  I was still determined NOT to run, as I was mad still at the weather, but something pushed me outside (probably knowing I won't see the sun again for a week).

3.1 easy miles, got into a groove right at the end and should have kept going.  Calf not tight!!  Yippee!!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Dove - What're you running this weekend??

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Maniac 505

Mari:  Wonderful picture, congrats

Tet:   Glad you heard from a couple of your friends,  Hope there is more good news from the others

(((Tim))):  I of course don't know what is  going on,  but I hope things get better soon.  You have lots of friends here,  if there is anything we can do,  let us know.

easy 5 miles for me today,  first run in a short sleeve shirt all year.   Tonight is Friday!!!

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Late post....  lots going on around here.

Tim's 15K race was impressive with a sit down crying spell and still running a 7:30 pace.  Hope you stick around.. what will the Slo-Timbo combo do?

Byll.. poor thang!  You've had more than you share of run inhibitors!  Get well soon!

Mari.. congrats on the Eagle Scouts!

Tramps.... this marathon course has me a bit concerned.  The very long (2mile) gentle uphills can wear you out mentally.

5 EZ miles this morning at 8:41 pace, AHR 139

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Mariposai

Tramps.... this marathon course has me a bit concerned.  The very long (2mile) gentle uphills can wear you out mentally.

no............no................no................

we are NOT going there young man!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't you start being afraid of the darn hillllllll!

Nope...can't do that now!!!

Your training has been magnificent!!!

Don't let the taper devil tell you otherwise!

Big grin

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Just a fly-by post to say "Hi!"

{{{{{Tim}}}}}

{{{{{OM}}}}  I'm glad it's relatively minor, but sorry to hear you're "high risk".  Did they give you an idea of when you'll have the surgery?

Great looking pair of Eagle Scouts you have, Nancy!

Thanks for the news on the runner that collapsed, Karin!  I heard something similar on another forum when I got home. They said he'd felt funny before and several people tried to talk him out of running, but he went anyway.  And it almost killed him.  So listen to your body, people!!!

That said, the foot is a bit better, especially with padding, but showing all the signs of Morton's neuroma, according to all the back threads I've been reading.  I've got an appointment with my sports MD for next Tues to get it checked out.  Strength stuff in the gym only today.  May run tomorrow.

.....Nancy The road to hell is paved....... run trails!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I stopped and sit on one of the steps I talked about earlier, and tears just started streaming down my face...........the race was not important to me at all. Pretty sad

Not sad at all Tim. Sometimes, when long distance running provides too much time for thinking about things that you can’t do anything about anymore, it’s okay to cry buddie.  However, I was hoping the first time would be when you realize I’m gunna beat your in our first barefoot marathon, . . . .  or, . . . in your dreams, Ironman.  Otherwise, as you know, since I'm the one of the best, go ahead and keep on running as I'll do more than enough nonrunning for you too. (70 non-runs already this year).

Rest day, packing day, trying to replace my crew day (my crew for this weekend backed out at the last minute, but I think I've got it handled)

Dove, I guess with a 24 hour endurance run around Lake Sacajawea at the same time, we probably shouldn’t expect to see you at the Mercer Island Half Marathon?  Good luck. (Isn’t that where you went on the way back from Eugene?).  Good luck with the weather too. We're expecting an improvement up here anyway.  http://cowlitzvalleyrunners.org/pacrimrun.pdf

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

(((((Japan))))) Tet, you and your friends are in my continued prayers.

Is Baby Will getting excited??

Eagle Scouts are the best

Breath OM

((( Tim ))) I don't know what's going on in your life right now, but it must be really painful for you to not want to run. Running is such a big part of your life  that I can't imagine what happened to make you feel the way you do.

Whatever it is, I hope it gets better soon. Take care of yourself.

Hi Mike E!

Silly Weather Enke.

Perch....Don't stare at the top of the hill...Don't make eye contact. It's part of their evil plan to wear you down. It sucks the life out of your soles.

Work has been ....well...work.  I've been wrassling windows daily. I nearly bailed on the 5K with Noah Saturday. I'm so glad I didn't. He got Mom and Dad up before 5:00 Am because he wanted to go race with Grampy. I went in afterwards.  Sunday was a full day too. Our primary boss has been staying in his office and keeping a low profile. The other two owners are tough to talk with.  It's very clear that they do not communicate with each other.  After 27 years on the job, one sales man walked out. Today, two people pulled a no show (the one in payroll makes me nervous) and one came in, sat down, got up and then went home. As much as I like the co workers and two of the owners, it comes down to less muscle when I need help.  I feel bad for the dog. DW and the kids take him out, he sure is missing the running.

SteveP