Masters Running

Monday Back to Work and School Runs (Read 525 times)

Went back to review what happened of late, and I wanted to post my condolences to PDR and WRFB.  Thanks for including us in your DOD's life and letting him know about it.  I hope family and friends will buoy your spirits in the days ahead.  It is so special that he got to see the baby.  Thinking of you.

Karin--what was DS's take on skating at Fenway?  We watched the opening ceremonies and part of the game. 

and congrats to you and all the running racers over the weekend.  And Eliz. for getting out there and being inspirational!  From your fan the slug--really, you all are amazing.

Erika, I had that tendonitis in '07--I had a bunch of exercises, one of which I remember is walking on your heels with your toes pointed up.  If I can find the website, I'll send it along.

No court on Friday + a New's Year's long weekend = lots of work here.   Must dash--

grins,

A

cute peeksures, BQll.  Can't wait to see you in person!

Masters 2000 miles
    Tramps

A woman from our local running club that my DW likes to run with is marrying a guy from a local biking club. 

Ah, a mixed marraige.

Holly—hang in there!  Listen to your body would seem to apply here as well.  If you’re run down, you’ll feel it.

Slo—your progress is great to see!

Sue—hope you feel better.

Carolyn—you too; hope the leg and foot improve soon.

Well, if -10F is IRC weather for Erika, then I was in a heat wave today with 29F for my lunchtime 5.2 miles @ 8:44. That wind was still howling, though; third day in a row now.   Did a little core work afterward, which I’m starting up again. 

BTW, is it just me or has this site been running slowly lately?

Be safe. Be kind.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Slo.. finally! 2010 will be good.

Tramps.. send some warmer airdown here to your neighbor!

16° for 9 miles including 2 with the dogcicles

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Marathon Maniac #957

BTW, is it just me or has this site been running slowly lately?

It's all those layers it has to wear this time of year.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Tramps

It's all those layers it has to wear this time of year.....

Good one.

Be safe. Be kind.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Holly - maybe you can get some shorter runs in to help you through the next few weeks.   Sounds like you have a lot on your plate.   Take each day as it comes.

{{{Erika}}}

Rest day for me today.   I weighed in and didn't gain anything over the past month, which is totally bizarre if you could see what I have been eating!   I am trying to be good though and my goal is to loose 8 pounds to get to my happy weight.   No more unrealistic goals for me - that is my resolution.   Why get down to a weight I can't maintain?

I hate being back to work.   Sad

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

6.6 miles with 8 striders in the last mile at 12:30 pm----28º no wind and bright sun. I am well north of you Twocat and it's not a deep freeze here.  The extended forecast looks frozen, but it was beautiful out there during my run. Sorry!

Holly---you are amazing and as others have said here----don't stress over the running. Running is one of the only things you do just for yourself. If it feels like work or you are tied to a schedule, it won't feel good anymore. Do what you can and think of it as setting up your day for all that follows. Hang in there.

Sorry about the foot/ankle pain Erika. You deserve some pain free running and soon!

Aamos----the kiddo loved being at Fenway for the winter classic. He didn't get to skate there, but being a spectator on game day and as part of a group from his hockey association was awesome for him. He was SO pumped when he got home. One of his hockey camp counselors (UMass hockey camp) was Jonathan Quick. The kiddo was even more pumped then when they announced the roster for the US Olympic hockey team after the NHL game and Jonathan was named to the team. Our TV view was clearer but the kiddo's live experience is invaluable.

{{{Erika's foot}}}  Doggone it.

Holly - Just make sure during all this you keep yourself well fed and hydrated.  That can sometimes go by the wayside when we have so much on our plates, and nothing'll kick you in the butt harder than failing nutrition, whether your running a lot or not.

I won't say what the temps are here, either.  But I will say we had an absolutely beautiful sunrise this morning. So many clouds in shades of pink, turquoise, orangy pink, deep blue.  Stunning.

Rest day for me, which is just as well since my 12 mile debacle yesterday.  Chalk it up to bad refueling after Saturday's run and being stupid and NOT eating before I ran on Sunday, even though I was hungry.  I had food with me and ate and drank every 15 minutes, but it was enough since I was already behind from the day before.  By the time I got to 12 miles, my intestines were a mess (had to dive into the woods at one point), and I gave up and called The Hub to come get me.  Felt really crappy the rest of the day and am still working on eating to replenish was I used up.  The legs didn't feel too bad considering, but for the last 4 miles of the run it would've been all residential with no place to use the bathroom.  I never would've made it back without something happening.  Was completely bloated the rest of the day, too.

{sigh} I only have 3 months to get this figured out or I'm screwed.

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Drive by mention of a run, 1.1 miles yesterday, IRC, no wind and high 40's. 1.4 miles New Year's Eve, rain.  I missed you guys but I just couldn't bring myself to read the daily when I wasn't running (Twocat, you are amazing!)

9 months with virtually no running (or crosstraining) = zero conditioning and 11 pounds heavier.  I am more amazed at what good shape I was in 9 months ago rather than how badly conditioned I am right now.....this is what most people "are".

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

An Enke sighting!!!   How are you?

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Slo

HI Enke !!!

I know what 11 pounds feels like !!!! 

It's good to see you posting !

Mariposai

enkie dahhlinggggg it is soooooooooo good to see you here.

We missed you, ya know!

hey, did you say 11pds...that is what I gained during the holidays!!

Off to find a diet partner

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

I am WEAK.  After being at the shore house for a few hours yesterday and basically like I was sitting outside in the 4 degree wind chill the whole time, I can't bring myself to go out and run this afternoon.  There are back-to-back re-runs of NCIS on later that I haven't seen, so I'm going to ride the bike trainer and do some strength stuff during those instead.  I can't wait to sweat!  Maybe that will steel me for an outdoor run tomorrow, when the WC is still supposed to be around 15.  I'm still determined to not run on a treadmill this winter, but my resolve is weakening.

Hey, Jlynne - I checked the little scroll on Comcast and it says some football game is on Fox tonight.  Guess we'll have to wait another week for a dose of House.

Holly - your work schedule sounds a bit like my December concert schedule.  Others have already given you good advice, but I'll jump in, too - if running feels restful and/or renewing, then run; if not, rest.  You've got such an amazing base of fitness, you can't possibly lose much of it in a few weeks.

15 weeks is until Boston is one thing, but how many weeks until Spring Training?  Aamos?  Anyone?  Wink

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

I Can Go The Distance

Eliz: According to MLB.com the first offical spring training game is on March 2nd Atlanta Braves @ New York Mets. BTW: what happened to the Eagles yesterday? The fact that Dallas beat them did not surprise me, but how badly they got beat did!

Bruce

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jim Valvano

Finally after 2 weeks with no running I could wait no longer and tried out the foot. 3 miles slow on the treadmill. The foot is , so so, it really felt no worse running than walking and I iced afterward. The real test will probably be in the morning.

Enke,

Welcome back! I know how that is I usually can't post during a down time either. It just makes it worse for me.

Holly,

From another person who works two jobs , Just take what you can  with the running. You will be suprised how you will find time to fit it in. Remember its supposed to make you healthier and happier not more stressed out. I know you are concerned with weight but stress can cause weight gain also so be careful.

Slo,

I see you are on your way back. Congrats to you!

Erika,

15 weeks to Boston! Kinda makes the winter seem short doesn't it.     I know you must be going mad not running but I have faith that of all the people I know you will be fine. The ability to adapt is what will make you successful in the end.

PDR,

Sounds like a wonderful man and he lived a wonderful life. My thoughts are with you.

Mary,

Bayshore only has 300 entrys left for the marathon and the half is already full. Just Saying, If maybe you could be pulled into the ring.

Carolyn,

I see the shin is still a problem. Sometimes time completly off is the only answer. Hope your down time will be short.

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down