Masters Running

Its WEDNESDAY 12/4 for me is it for you? (Read 40 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Leslie - your L probably really needs your support if he doesn't like what he's doing, especially litigation.

- - - - -

I tend to be of the opinion that "Everyone is out to get me" and also "More often than not, you can count on people to screw it up, if it is at all possible for them to do so."      Not the people here, of course......

Holly - unfortunately, too much of the legal profession does not lend itself to everyone having good intentions. In fact, that's probably why there's a legal profession in the first place. Smile

Quote from HopesMom on 12/4/2019 at 8:20 AM:

I am still working on "believe that everyone has good intentions",

- - - - -

no wonder I love running so much.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

I swear, if one more client walks into our office without an appointment, I'm gonna go Mariah Carey on them . . . or maybe it's harry carry . . . I don't know . . . but someone's gonna get hurt!  . . . . and the jail is conveniently located across the street.    . . . . so much for going for a lunch time walk.   . . . I need chocolate . . . .

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

dnaff

Leslie, I have chocolate.  I will save you!

And, since I ran today and blew off all the germs I won't even make you sick when I share my chocolate.

I managed 1.5 miles with screaming lungs.  IRC, I couldn't stay inside one more day.  Stretched out with some yoga, drank a bottle of cold water and now the dog needs one more walk.  And, as luck would have it, there is just enough time before the sun sets for a trip to the park and back.

Marathon Maniac #957

. . . I need chocolate . . . .

I keep a drawer in my desk at work stocked with snacks and chocolate, for medicinal purposes...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

To: confidential file memo
            Re: Roch shoulder

Summary diagnosis - same as that barefoot guy out in Seattle.

Good post! We'll see. My main concern is that it is very similar to my symptoms that had to be solved with rotator cuff surgery a number of years ago

I've been out and about all day and just got back to catch up on the PC. In the morning I did about 3 miles of mall walking with friends, which sounded (and was) better than trying to do a run outside by myself in the cold and windy conditions. Then I went to one of our periodic "runners lunch" gatherings with some more good conversation with good friends. And finally I stopped by a grocery store on the way home with the list that DW stuck in my wallet last night.

I'm pretty much set on running the Egg Nog Jog 5K on Saturday even thought it will be in the low 20s (hopefully no wind). It's pretty much a throwback with only a $20 entry fee that goes to charity, and it's put on by the Hanson's Running Store so will have lots of goodies, giveaways, prize drawings, etc. They do know how to put on a fun event!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Dave59

I am still working on "believe that everyone has good intentions",

There's a little good in most people, but not much.  Just enough to surprise you now and then.

. . . I need chocolate . . . .

I had a meeting with the theater facility manager today, and I brought chocolate. Lo and behold, we didn't get cursed out like I thought we might!

I'll call today an injury day, my LEFT achilles is tight and pinchy, and my Right one taught me what to do (and not to do).

Regarding good intentions, I always expect people to act like I would, and that's been my biggest downfall. Now I'm gun-shy and expect the worst from people until they prove otherwise.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

PRICELESS ~~

Leslie, I have chocolate.  I will save you!

And, since I ran today and blew off all the germs I won't even make you sick when I share my chocolate.

I keep a drawer in my desk at work stocked with snacks and chocolate, for medicinal purposes...

There's a little good in most people, but not much.  Just enough to surprise you now and then.

I always expect people to act like I would, and that's been my biggest downfall. Now I'm gun-shy and expect the worst from people until they prove otherwise.

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Henrun

2.5 mile run and another 3 miles walking in relatively dry sidewalks and warming temps.

Getting ready to spend the weekend in Philly for a wedding. Hope to get a run in.

Roch- both my shoulders give me arthritic pain at times. PT has helped. I use one of those rubber bands daily and it seems to work.

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, fairly quick post.  Got 6.3 miles after work at about an 8:30 pace.  Weather was amazing....and I'll leave it at that.  After work I went by a local jewelry store to see if I could get something made for DW.  Looks like it will be a small silver pendant with a pearl in the center.  Will have birthstones for her, me and both boys placed around it.  May add some leaves when I see what comes in to the store.

Steve, I would have suggested to the guy that he turn off the lights in the restroom after he passes it....

Holly, that does sound involved but from what I've heard/read it is becoming more and more common.  Good luck!

TwoCat, C'mon man!  You're in the future!  At least give us some stock numbers and/or sports scores.  We'll place bets here and cut you in.

RCG, we're pretty similar here.  Baby Jesus added to the creche either before of after Midnight Mass; decorations stay up until the Epiphany.  When we lived in Italy at least the older people there still gave gifts then....and that was also when all the villages had their "witch burning" festivals.

Have a greta night everyone!

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

When you aren't able to keep up in here throughout the day, it takes a while to read through everything.  Now, I have no time to post.

I got through my day, yesterday.  With a whole lot of hard work, and even more prayer, I was able to fix what I should have had fixed 2 months ago.

I did 6 miles of tempo miles sandwiched between a 1.5 mile warm up and 1.5 mile cool down.  It always amazes me how hard I struggle through these tempo runs--that are done at goal marathon pace--and I wonder, how I am ever going to hold that pace for 26.2 miles when I can barely hold it for 6...but then I (sometimes) do.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

evanflein

When you aren't able to keep up in here throughout the day, it takes a while to read through everything.  Now, I have no time to post.

Yep, and I read through thinking of all the things I want to comment on, and then.... blank. BUT, I do remember some things. Like RCG's BIL is an A$$ (and if she said it, I'm sure it's true), and HopesMom is not a bitch (I never would have thought so!), and Leslie is Jonesing for some chocolate (I share that desire!) and Holly is in for a recovery period serving as a stand in for a Jurassic Park character. Hmmmm....

We have Allstate for home and auto, and very happy with them. We've had some horrendous claims on the house and I'm sure in the 27+ years we've had this house (and that policy), we've gotten more out of it than we've paid in premiums. Our agent is awesome and is always there for whatever we need. I'd be hard pressed to ever use any other company.

I always give people the benefit of the doubt, but if they cross or take advantage of that once, they get no more chances. I love my employees but can tell in a heartbeat if they're trying to pull one over on me. The things I've heard over the years is just incredible. It's amazing how dumb people think us in the benefits department are... On a personal (non-work) level, I tend to form an opinion on someone within 10 seconds of meeting them, and I've rarely been wrong. 'nuff said.

So, we're finally NOT having snow but we are finally getting more normal temperatures. You'd think I was a hot house flower. Geez. -3 feels "so cold!" I can't believe it's early December and we are just now getting into the minus-teens at night. That, and combined with a meeting schedule this week that means I'd spend more time getting ready to go run and repair everything after the run to go back to work than I'd actually spend running, well... I've been on the treadmill all week. So, 5.2 more miles tonight in 45 minutes. My latest favorite podcast is NPR's "Hidden Brain." Wow, I love that one.

Marathon Maniac #957

You'd think I was a hot house flower. Geez. -3 feels "so cold!" 

Well, yeah, that's because IT IS so cold! You are definitely NOT a hothouse flower.  Me, on the other hand, am proving to me a major cold weather wimp, this year especially.

And re insurance, having a great local agent can make all the difference.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."