Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 11.1.17 (Read 40 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

PS - I tried caramel M&M's last night.  You.Have.Got.To.Be.KIDDING ME!  Pure evil in a pretty blue package.

Told you.  And even worse, around here, they only seem to come in the "share" package.  I suppose if you have to.

Yesterday I masquaraded as a runner and did a lake loop 2 hours later than normal.  Then the rest of the day DW and I spent putting out our Halloween display.  Finished about 5pm and started getting kids by 6.  somewhere well over 50.  Sort of lose track when they come in packs.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy, Masters!!  I just wanted to drop in and wish you all Happy World Vegan Day!!  I could never be vegan, because CHOCOLATE!!  and CHEESE!!! 

And butter, and ice cream, and yogurt, and cream cheese, etc.  I always say, my version of hell would be vegan and gluten free.....

Jay - what a jerk!  I would probably not be able to contain my snarky response. "Hope you enjoy the trophy, maybe next time you will EARN it!"  You are far more gracious than me.  Of course, it's not about the trophy but how people like that cheapen the experience for all of us to some extent.  We here know that YOU are the true winner.

Early morning meeting got cancelled so I played hooky from work enough to get in 10 miles on the TM.  Wintry mix outside and the interruption to drive DD to school made the TM decision easy.  Today was Dancing With the Stars.  Artem is my new secret crush...

My silly Westie Rosie is the first dog I have ever had who keeps bringing me toys to throw so she can chase them and bring them back, to throw again.  When I sit at the computer it is a constant game for her.  Silly dog.  She is almost 9 months old now.  Cute as can be.

Happy November!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

My silly Westie Rosie is the first dog I have ever had who keeps bringing me toys to throw so she can chase them and bring them back, to throw again.  When I sit at the computer it is a constant game for her.  Silly dog.  She is almost 9 months old now.  Cute as can be.

Happy November!

Our cat, Wilson, used to bring us his play mice to throw and fetch. Weird.  The only other cat I've known to do that was a friend's.  The cat LOVED wadded up balls of paper and would go after them no matter where you threw them.  It was all fun and games . . . until one of the other cats touched the ball.  Then he would get insulted and walk away.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Happy November
          A few clouds tried to block out
          the November sun but, so far, no luck.
          jay - based on 2-sec/pound, maybe

8-min / 44-sec faster by losing 40-pounds.
          https://www.runnersworld.com/for-beginners-only/how-does-weight-loss-affect-my-running-speed
          Maybe take advantage of his similar pacing
          and invite him to some joint r-walks, etc. . . . .
          and teach him what RW really is.  
          Otherwise, just keep an eye out for him
          at future events.  Good luck.
          dave - did you have a real life before computers?

ps leslie - they probably found out you are a trail runner
          and didn't want any crazy people on the jury.  Their loss

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

spacityrunner

Aw Jay...I would have agreed but would have made sure they knew that the guy was lying   I'm sorta two year oldish in that way

4 miles on the mountain with the Spa Pacer trail gang in cool and foggy foggy foggy on the mountain conditions.  It was wonderful!!!  I love running trails in the fog.  Kept a pretty good pace...14:42 m/m. Rookie runner error I kept my jacket on (in my defense it was cold and windy waiting for the start of the run)...by 1. 5 miles that sucker was tied around my waist.

Trails Rock!

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Jay--you're a good guy.  There is no way I would have given up my trophy to that guy without more proof than just his wife saying so...but that's just me...I'm not as nice as you.

I did my last tough workout before the marathon.  1.5 mile warm up--10 mile tempo--1.5 mile cool down  for a total of 13 miles.  It's been about two years since I've been able to complete my whole training schedule.  I had a few hiccups along the way but, for the most part, I did pretty well with it.  I have a couple dings that I'm a little concerned about--particularly my left glute--but I think I'll be okay.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

Jay, stranger things have happened. Doesn't the race have different color race numbers for RWers? And random RW judges on the course? If he did cheat, it's probably a pretty hollow victory for him.

7.25 miles @ 7:57

I didn't look at my watch the whole time because it's supposed to be an "easy longish" run today. I thought I was doing maybe 8:20-30 pace, kind of loping along and not breathing hard at all aka conversation pace. I guess those 15-20 mile long run dividends are starting to show up.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Howdy, Masters!!  I just wanted to drop in and wish you all Happy World Vegan Day!!  I could never be vegan, because CHOCOLATE!!  and CHEESE!!! 

I am SOOOOOO WITH YOU!!!!!

denise

I am down in Houston to give a talk. (On how to create a better bond index if you care.) This is just an excuse to say this will be a short post.

coastwalker absent proof beyond the wife saying something happened that she did not see I am not sure I would be as accommodating as you.

I could not be a vegan because of brisket, pulled pork, smoked ribs...

I tried caramel M&Ms. I have to agree, just awful! Whose idea was that anyway? They should kill them off before they do any more harm.

No running for me to. Other than through an airport terminal. Tomorrow I am supposed to run several miles with a guy that missed qualifying for the Olympic trials by just a couple of minutes. Wish me luck!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Twocat; you may not have a problem, depending on what event they were running. Especially if they just missed the trials qualifying time by just a few minutes...in the 1500. 

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Dave59

I am down in Houston to give a talk. 

Should be a fun place to be today.