RA Coaching Forum

Muse Runner's 10k Training Log (Read 1627 times)

mikeymike

I think it's pretty clear the race course was long and you ran a LOT faster than a 25 min 5K. Not too much else you can take from this race so turn the page and think of it as a really good workout... Keep on rollin' Smile

Runners run

Wasatch Speedgoat

Steve: been thinking about your striders suggestion for Thursday's workout. how long? 200 meters or 100 meter strides? how many? I feel gross today. I took my run easy and shortened the distance. I feel like a fat f--- Smile
      I used to run several very short strides fast a few days out from the race....it would loosen things up. Other than that, just take it easy and jog to recover... Steve

Life is short, play hard!

muse_runner

keep running.

Steve I was thinking like 50 meter strides? Short enough Wink Yes I am running nice and easy for me. I don't miss the track. And my legs will feel rehearsed but rested. isn't that the goal! Big grin
        running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.

Wasatch Speedgoat

Yeah, that's about it....fast, but not all out and strained. By race time your legs should feel like they are tingling....ready to bust out. But still go out at a comfortable pace and I'll bet it's still as fast as you want it to be. When I used to race fast, I liked the first mile at least to feel like i was jogging quickly in total control. Not pushing the pace at all, but quick strides...look aorund to see who's near, size up the pack you're in. Man, I miss those days...

muse_runner

keep running.

Hello! I ate like a hog last night Steve P. Smile I had a huge boat of sushi with my fiancee and then a huuuuuge double-chocolate chip vegan cookie. The cookie alone was 460 cals and about 80 grams of carbs. It was kind of hard to sleep last night on such a full tummy but I am skipping breakfast so I need not worry about issues with digestion while I race. My legs feel better than they have in weeks. Taking a day off plus eating carbs until my heart is content probably really helped assist my recovery. Steve I'm going to just go out and go on feel. I do have my calculations and I do have a goal time, but if I don't make the goal time, honestly it's not the end of the world for me. I don't really start training HARD until September. I will probably take my mileage (my long miles especially) down a lot. I just want variety and crave it... so if that means more shorter races to keep me interested, I'll do it! The results of my 5k were never posted and I doubt they will ever see the light of day. I think that's pretty poor judgment on behalf of the race coordinators. You can't have people pay $25.00 to run the race and not have results. Whatever. The race today has a much more competative field. The course is USA T&F certified. I got 4th in my division last year. I missed 3rd place by 2 seconds. We'll see what happens this year as I am in a brand new age group. I'm older. Hopefully wiser too.
            running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.
            muse_runner

keep running.

Well the race started out really good. I was running a 7:35-7:40 pace through mile 4. Then I just decided that I was over it. I didn't feel like pushing. I think I may have some anemia. I also am needing a long break from running since my marathon. I'm going to take 2-3 months off before I do any kind of race. BYE BYE to running ahead! Time to focus on school and graduating. Jen
              mikeymike

Good luck Jen. You got a lot going on so maybe some downtime from any competitive running will be good for a while. Take care Mike

Runners run

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

You've been pushing really hard, Muse. A break from racing, and some easy running (no speedwork) sound like just the ticket for you. Good Luck! Cheers, Jeff

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

madness baby

I hope you'll be aroudn some, Muse! Your training has been really intense. Good luck with all your grad school stuff. You'll get there. It does eventually happen!
                    deb

Wasatch Speedgoat

Smart woman....take a break, get your life in order and come back when you're feeling like it. Tom Osler once said "If you have the "I don't care" attitude, it's time for a break". Bye bye and we'll talk to you sometime in the future, hopefully.... Your new friend, Steve Smile

Prophet!

BYE BYE to running ahead! Time to focus on school and graduating. Jen
                        I need to do this too Smile but i won't, having too much fun running and running aheading . Good luck and see you when you get back, all fresh and recharged (and graduated) and ready to kick some ass. Aloha, Steve
                        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Wow, she really meant it. She took her log offline. Good Luck, Jen.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

muse_runner

keep running.

I'm back. Not trying to put too much pressure on myself now. Working my ASS off at school. like 50 hours a week. my head hurts. Sad getting a blood test soon. Smile
                            muse_runner

keep running.

A 5 day hiatus felt like an eternity! Smile