McCain names VP pick (Read 1538 times)

The Jogger

Is it true this gun totting, moose burger eating woman had only met McCain once before. I think you will find it is Big grin
      I heard they had met only a few times. Yes.
      2008 GOALS GET BELOW 175 (at 175 now) RUN 6:00 MILE (at 6:29) RUN BELOW 25:30 5K RUN BELOW 55:00 10K RUN A MARATHON (DEC. 6TH - MEMPHIS - ST JUDE)

Insert witty title here

Obama has the most liberal voting record of anyone in Congress and Biden is the top 10
        Why do neo-cons always throw that out like it's a bad thing? I know, I know.. because Faux News and Rush told you to say it. I side with democrats most of the time because I believe in a progressive thinking (liberal) way of life over a stuck in the past, scared of change, control by fear (conservative) way of life any day. All you did was just rattle off a couple of great reasons for me to vote for Obama/Biden.

ThomasRuns Blog
        Twitter

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." - [Walter Bagehot]

then you should vote for Obama/Biden. Most of America is somehwere in the middle...my point was Obama has no reason voicing McCain's voting record and talk about change...when he has been more partisan and afraid to break away from party than ANY other member of Congress. Die-Hard liberals LOVE Obama...Die Hard Conservatives do NOT like McCain...I think Moderates (which I consider myself Conservative with a Moderate view at looking at issues...I listen before I make up my mind) need to know the facts about who is more moderate. BTW, my definition of the terms. liberal - more goverment and less personal responsiblity conservative - less goverment and more personal responsibility moderate - a good miss of both...knowing when and where goverment should step in
          2008 GOALS GET BELOW 175 (at 175 now) RUN 6:00 MILE (at 6:29) RUN BELOW 25:30 5K RUN BELOW 55:00 10K RUN A MARATHON (DEC. 6TH - MEMPHIS - ST JUDE)

Jazz hands!

Sqeaky - on the abortion thing...I will say this, and I say it with all the respect I can muster...Even Obama when asked when life begins he said "I believe the answer to that is well above my pay grade"...meaning he didn't know. If you don't know if you are taking life, why not just don't and be sure.
            The point for me isn't when life begins. Sure, life can begin at conception all you'd like, despite the fact that more than 50% of pregnancies end in very early miscarriages. The point is, are we going to respect the wishes of a full-grown woman, whose life has DEFINITELY begun, or are we going to prioritize a possible life, which has no voice and is fully dependent upon aforementioned grown woman? The abortion debate (which, I agree, is not the most important one in the upcoming election by far) isn't really about babies--if it were, we would have better welfare and healthcare systems to help the babies out once they were outside the womb.* It's a debate about controlling women. *Don't even get me started on the anti-abortion crowd who also want to outlaw birth control.
            run run run AHHHHHH run run run
              Wow. I think you just actually said it's ok take a life all for the sake of women's right. I am an equal pay for equal work guy. I believe women can do anything men can do. I believe women ultimately do more than men b/c they not only hold down jobs but usually run households. But No One has right to take life. I can understand the argument of when does life begin. But this is like saying it's OK for a single father of an infant (mother died, left. or whatever) it's ok for the father to take the life...I mean the infant would be totally dependent on him and would have no voice. BTW, I am in no way for any bans on birth control...That is way out there to me.

Jazz hands!

Wow. I think you just actually said it's ok take a life all for the sake of women's right.
                Yep. Well, more eloquently put, I said it's okay to give a woman a choice over what goes on inside her own body. I think being forced to give birth (I hear labor ain't no walk in the park) wouldn't be much fun, either.
                I am an equal pay for equal work guy. I believe women can do anything men can do. I believe women ultimately do more than men b/c they not only hold down jobs but usually run households. But No One has right to take life. I can understand the argument of when does life begin. But this is like saying it's OK for a single father of an infant (mother died, left. or whatever) it's ok for the father to take the life...I mean the infant would be totally dependent on him and would have no voice.
                Well, there's a difference. Maybe if the father and child were alone in the arctic or something, miles away from civilization, your comparison would hold up (though not quite, because the kid would starve to death anyway. Well, maybe they're in one of those Antarctic research facilities and there's formula around? Whatever. I digress). But unless the child is physically dependent (and physically attached) to the man, and ONLY that man, your analogy doesn't quite hold up. I honestly think that if men could get pregnant, this would not even be a debate. Of course men would have control over their bodies.
                moose burger eating woman
                Great. Now I'm hungry. I'm actually gonna butt out of this thread because I'm turning into an internet asshole, and nobody wants that. So, have fun, y'all.
                run run run AHHHHHH run run run
                  When has the abortion debate ever ended up with the two people shaking hands? It doesn't....ever!!! Agree to disagree. It shouldn't be a political issue. It's a moral issue that has no place in politics. Religion is also a personal issue that has no place in politics, even though this country was founded on Christianity. If you want to keep religion out of schools, then PLEASE keep ALL religion out of schools. That's not being done. Because of....oh man...I'm gonna say it....liberals. I would rather there be Little Baby Jesus' (yes, I loved Talladega Nights) all over the school, then shrines of Allah any day! Damn, why did I read this thread? Not a good way to come out of lurkdom.

Cryptic

I am an independent and there is no way I can vote for Obama. He fundamentally does not understand the constitution. The first 5 minutes of his speech made that clear. It is a shame really I wouldn't have minded voting for the man if he didn't think the government was there to help pick me up when I fall down. When did we decided giving people fish instead of teaching them how to was such a great idea. Maybe that is the reason the amount of people that fall below the poverty line increases each year.
                    jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Uh-oh, political talk in RA. A quick and brutal threadjack is needed. Here is Shawn McGowen of The Pogues. Discuss his dental plan. Go. MTA: Reminder: there's a longstanding informal rule here at RA that we avoid political/religious threads in the main forums. It's what helps us all get along way better than most internet communities. Y'all wanna start a spat, form a group. Leave this crap out of here.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Dave

Wouldn't it be more fun to talk about Michigan football? http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/8508474/Wolverines-weren't-as-good-as-score-indicates Oooohhhhhh Snap.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

xor

Reminder: there's a longstanding informal rule here at RA that we avoid political/religious threads in the main forums. It's what helps us all get along way better than most internet communities.
                          Yeah, but this one has the potential for encapsulating ALL of the chop socky topics all in one thread. I think it should absorb the running v jogging debate that's starting up. Then this could just be the flame thread. (this is my joke answer. I quite like the 'form a group' idea. That's a concept that doesn't exist at many other boards.)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Wouldn't it be more fun to talk about Michigan football? http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/8508474/Wolverines-weren't-as-good-as-score-indicates Oooohhhhhh Snap.
                            Believe it or not, I'd actually rather talk about Michigan football than politics on this board. Though it is more boring because there's really nothing to debate -- we suck. I believe we're going to need to develop a better offensive play than "Penalty Utah" if we're going to improve.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Dave

Utah is no slouch. Believe they started out last year beating my Cavaliers of Virginia. Of course, UVA didn't fare too well today either Black eye In case anyone REALLY wants to discuss abortion or the candidates, I created this group: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/politics As soon as someone joins, I'm going to drop out and make them the group leader.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Imminent Catastrophe

It's not the individual Republican's actions that matters so much, it's the actions of the Republican government that matters and unfortunately, that was too little, too late. The whole world saw this happen. So what I suggest you do, is look at the bigger picture!
                                I can't let this go without comment. The City of New Orleans and the State of Mississippi were at least equally culpable for that lack of preparation and the ensuing disaster. So when you mention Bush's incompetence (richly deserved) you also need to mention Mayor Nagin and Governor Blanco. Credit where credit is due, and all that.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016