Sub-4 Marathon Group

May 2013 (Read 58 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks for the tips.

Unfortunately, the 1/2 mile bridge is the longest one I have so the bursts havve to be of 0.50 miles.  I've done hills before during my LR but I need ot make it a weekly occurrence rather than the exception.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  7 miles done this morning before working from home.

Damaris

mdawg87

Good morning!  SRD for me.  Looking wistfully out my office window again today.  Maybe I will actually leave around 5 today.  DH sent me a picture of his run on the beach in FL this morning.  I asked him when we were moving.

cbus:  I think LA's OT win might be the nail in the confidence coffin for STL.  Although, I wouldn't be suprised to see STL win the next one out of desperation either.

sprinkles:  Nice photo.  You look like you're having a lot of fun.

roll:  I think Chicago wraps it up tonight.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

I've got 8 easy later today.

Mdawg, big win for the Kings last night. I think they end it in LA. If it goes 7, then it's advantage St.L--so it's also a desperation game for the Kings.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

akalei

Morning everyone.  Got in 6.2 with pup this morning and had a heck of a time getting into work.  A diesel tanker flipped and blew up about 1/4 mile from the park I run at.  It was nuts, and traffic all over HBG is shut down.  So that was lovely.

Sprinkles: thanks for the recommendations Smile  We looked at doing a tour at Brooklyn because we already like their beers, so it would be interesting to visit.  I think I may sign up for the Philly half!  DH is supposed to work the day before, but even if he does, he can still get to Philly in the afternoon and race Sunday morning.  That way I don't slack off too badly after Wineglass, either.

Ami: I don't wear my GPS as often as I should anyway, so I'd probably never ever wear both.  My normal routes are marked by the mile, so my Timex usually works just fine, and I know most HRMs have a timing/lap mode, too.  I mostly just want to get a HRM to see whether I'm really pushing as hard as I can, because my last several races, I've felt good, almost too good, afterward.  I always feel like I could have pushed more!

Mdawg: You've got a case of wanderlust, too?  Central PA is killing me lately.

My PR's! 5K: 21:54 | 10M: 1:16:55 | HM: 1:43:40 | Full: 3:51:56

2013: BQ or bust!

http://justalongfortherun.blogspot.com

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Be careful what you wish for.

Good morning!  SRD for me.  Looking wistfully out my office window again today.  Maybe I will actually leave around 5 today.  DH sent me a picture of his run on the beach in FL this morning.  I asked him when we were moving.

cbus:  I think LA's OT win might be the nail in the confidence coffin for STL.  Although, I wouldn't be suprised to see STL win the next one out of desperation either.

sprinkles:  Nice photo.  You look like you're having a lot of fun.

roll:  I think Chicago wraps it up tonight.

Damaris

onemile

I ran 8 last night.  Felt better.  I'm usually fine with maintaining my weight during training. I just gained a bit over the holiday season and now that the hard training is done I want to get rid of it before the next cycle.

Docket -

Hey if that bridge is the best you got, so be it.  I would try to work it in several time over the course of medium and longer runs since there will be hills throughout the SF course.  It will let you practice not letting your legs get trashed from the early hills and see what it's like to push through some later hills.

I'm signed up for SF as well.  I just took a closer look at the course.  I knew we had to go up and over the Golden Gate and back, but never looked at the cruel joke on the other side.  Just when you cross over and go down the ramp on the far side, they make you run up a damn cliff to get to the water stop!

Wish I knew how many minutes to add to my goal time for the hills.

Thanks for the tips.

Unfortunately, the 1/2 mile bridge is the longest one I have so the bursts havve to be of 0.50 miles.  I've done hills before during my LR but I need ot make it a weekly occurrence rather than the exception.

Rusk Runner

Seriously, can anyone give me some detailed instructions on how to post a phot on this site?

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

post a picture on imageshack.us.

Then copy and paste the HTML code here (you can use HTML in the post box.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Indi / save your photo to image shack or photo bucket or picsssa web. Then copy the photo link. Come on running ahead hit reply and click on the little green tree icon next to the smiley face. Paste the photo link where it says URL here them click insert

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Whooooa. Didn't mean to scare yall.

A favorite

Josh - saltwater fly fishing and a fly I tied

White Lightning

Cool.  That looks like a Griffin Odyssey or a Spider Vise.  Do you like it?  I'm about to pull the trigger on one of those two so I can get into a rotational vise.

Pic of my first attempt at a woolly bugger last night getting ready for our spring run-off.

Pic of some moose on the river at my house yesterday, that's my family's place on the top of the ridge.

Play the Game Hard!