Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23291 times)

labhiker

Scheduled Rest/ Recovery day today.

I have not posted for a while however have been silently following various posts and updates.  Glad to hear everyone's training is going well.

Yesterday I started to play around a bit on the TM with some brief MAF + intervals.  Follwoing a 3 mile warm up I did 5 sets of intervals (2minutes @ desired MP (MAF+ followed by 2 minute recovery at sub-MAF, 1.5 minute MP & 2min recover, 1 minute MP & 2minute recovery - 3 times).   I know its not much speed work however it helped break up a 6 mile TM run and might have some benefit in waking up a few fast-twitch fibers.  Also, I'm thinking these short MAF + intervals will not have any notable adverse impact on MAF training or base building.

Keep on "MAF-ing" and enjoy the weekend long runs

labhiker

BeeRunB

You, too. Lab!

Recovery for me today. Just can't shake these dead legs.

Walking MAF speed--good. Running, not good. Legs still sore.

Well, so it goes. Tomorrow, I try again.

New Crusted Salt comic if anyone's interested.

--Jimmy

Slow and Steady

Nice little long run (3 hours) this morning at a 13:52 pace. Felt pretty good overall!

Eric S.

Trail Mix ||| dailymile ||| RA log

Goals: 50km, 50-miler, 100km, 100-miler

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

You, too. Lab!

Recovery for me today. Just can't shake these dead legs.

Walking MAF speed--good. Running, not good. Legs still sore.

Well, so it goes. Tomorrow, I try again.

New Crusted Salt comic if anyone's interested.

--Jimmy

Man boobs are a good thing in his case

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I've had quite a few OK days.  6 on Friday at 150HR, which felt horrible since it was 86F and I felt like crap, 10 with hubby at 134HR (maffing for real, LOL), and just finished 11 miles at 142HR.  My slowest run of the week was those 11 miles (apart from the run with hubby), but I was tired after all that running.  Very happy so far.  Fastest week at 11:26mm since surgery.  Longest week for the year at 51.80 miles.  I cannot complain.

Jimmy, every time I do something else that is not running I am so sore no one that sees me could imagine I run, ha.

Damaris

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Morning!  I've had quite a few OK days.  6 on Friday at 150HR, which felt horrible since it was 86F and I felt like crap, 10 with hubby at 134HR (maffing for real, LOL), and just finished 11 miles at 142HR.  My slowest run of the week was those 11 miles (apart from the run with hubby), but I was tired after all that running.  Very happy so far.  Fastest week at 11:26mm since surgery.  Longest week for the year at 51.80 miles.  I cannot complain.

Jimmy, every time I do something else that is not running I am so sore no one that sees me could imagine I run, ha.

51.8 mile week That coming back strong.

10.2 miles HR 125 /134. Not feeling it  but needed the miles. 27 mile week.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

51.8 mile week That coming back SLOW.

10.2 miles HR 125 /134. Not feeling it  but needed the miles. 27 mile week.

Fixed your post.  Slow is my middle name lately....

Damaris

npaden

Got to ditch my sling this Monday and I've been getting some good mileage in this week.

12.54 for a long run today, was planning on going 16, but just didn't feel like it there at the end.  Biggest issue is I get a big knot in muscles between my shoulder blades.  With the sling supporting that arm for the last 5 weeks, it is taking it a bit to start picking up the slack.

Ended up with 52.2 miles for the week.  Planning on logging 200+ for the month.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Slow and Steady

Nice little run this morning. Ran 4.81 miles at a 13:06 pace. I run the same 2 routes most of the time during the week, and in the back of my running log I keep track of my PRs for those routes. I'm starting to run out of space because I keep getting faster and faster at MAF pace!

Why would I ever stop doing LHRT? Big grin

Eric S.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Cutback week for me and it's been tough.  I got an allergy shot on Tuesday and have felt off all week.  Monday was a rest day and Tuesday was so hot and humid, I hit the TM for 7 at 147HR.  Yesterday, I did 6 with hubby at 136 and today I did 14 at 149HR.  Not bad, but I am sore!!!!!

Damaris

labhiker

Friday Rest Day before the weekend.  I'm looking forward to some nice Spring weather and watching the sunrise while on a few back-to-back long runs.

Planned 10 mile pace run on Saturday and 20 miles on Sunday.  For the 10 miler I intend to start with a MAF progression run and then climb to MP (MAF +15 - 20ish) for the last 20 minutess

I've been throwing in several very short intervals this week hoping to wake up some fast twitch fibers.  Did a set of five 1-1:30 minute  intervals at MP (MAF+10-15) during a 10 miler on Wednesday and  a brief 1 minute MP ++ interval (MAF+25-30, 8:30ish mm) yesterday.   Not much but stepping above my MAF comfort zone.

Been playing around with Brooks Pure Cadence to help with mid-foot landing and run in a slightly lighter shoe.

Jimmy - Keep the Crusted Salts Coming, they are great

labhiker

BeeRunB

Jimmy - Keep the Crusted Salts Coming, they are great

Thanks, Lab! New one today.

YESTERDAY:

4-mile walk. Taking a long walk today. I've taken a lot of rest lately, and am slowly getting it back in terms of dead legs becoming lively legs.

--Jimmy 

Slow and Steady

21.33 miles this morning, starting at 3:00am. Did my favorite hilly route near my house, did it 3 times. First time at MAF pace (and a PR at that), and then two more times without the HR monitor. Let the taper begin!

Eric S.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Everyone looks to be progressing nicely.

7 miles HR 124 /130. !st run since Sunday.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

12 miles  HR 125 /160 Rolling hills. I am sure I will feel it tomorrow.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter